Travellers Australia

1 years ago

Travellers Australia is an open community for people planning a gap year or trip to Australia to discuss travels plans, tips and experiences with each other. Whether you're already in Australia, or planning a trip here soon - use the group to chat about visas, farmwork, travel tips and more. ... See MoreSee Less

View on Facebook

1 years ago

View on Facebook
Join Group
Image Alt

Get a Taxfile Number


You will need a Tax File Number (TFN) to work whilst in Australia.  If you haven’t arranged your TFN within 28 days of starting work you will be taxed at 47% of your wages.

Have an Aussie address? Travellers Contact Point can apply for your Tax File Number for you for FREE! Upon arrival in Sydney, simply visit us at Shop 2, 2 Lee Street, Sydney and we’ll apply for your TFN straight away. We’ll provide you with a TFN receipt number, so you can start work immediately.Your TFN will be sent to you in approximately 10-28 days. You can work for up to 3 weeks whilst waiting for your TFN to arrive.

If you don’t have a permanent Aussie address to receive your TFN, we can still organize your TFN for you for a small fee of AU$15. We will apply for your TFN, get it sent to our address and email you once we have received it!

Want a permanent address to receive mail for your time in Australia? Set up a Mailing Address. When you have got a permanent mailing address set up with us, we’ll apply for your TFN for FREE!!