Travellers Australia

This message is only visible to admins.

Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Click to show error

Error: Cannot call API for app 1537097573057032 on behalf of user 595350121308582
Type: OAuthException
Solution: See here for how to solve this error
Join Group
Image Alt

RSA Training Course


In Australia its a legal requirements that you complete Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) training before being able to work in licensed premises, i.e a pub, bar, restaurant or nightclub. In QLD, NT, SA & WA courses can be completed online. In TAS, VIC, NSW & ACT however, RSA courses must be completed in a classroom environment with a qualified trainer.



Each state in Australia has it’s own liquor legislation and it’s own RSA accreditation particular to that state. This means that many backpackers will need to get more than one RSA certificate to work across Australia. Its often best to plan your trip and purchase your training in packages upfront – it makes it quicker and easier to find bar work and is cheaper than purchasing courses separately.


What certification do I receive after completing an RSA?


RSA Course
What will I receive?
 Book it!
NSW OLGR Competency Card &

RSA Statement of Attainment

Classroom  Book Now
QLD National Statement of Attainment Online  Book Now
WA RSA Statement of Attainment Online Book Now
NT RSA Statement of Attainment Online  Book Now
SA RSA Statement of Attainment Online  Book Now


What RSA do I need to work?


Work location:
Certification required:
NSW OLGR Competency Card
QLD National Statement of Attainment
ACT ACT RSA Certificate
WA Statement of Attainment
NT Statement of Attainment
VIC Classroom
TAS Classroom



What does the RSA course cover?


The information provided in your RSA course will help you understand the role of your employers in complying with the legislation and your role and responsibilities when serving drinks containing alcohol to patrons. Your RSA Coure will teach you to:


  • Identify customers to whom service should be refused.
  • Prepare and serve alcoholic beverages responsibly.
  • Assist customers to drink within appropriate limits.
  • Assist alcohol affected customers.


What will I be tested on?


  • Your ability to apply the requirements of responsible service of alcohol legislation to beverage service situations.
  • Your understanding of the consequences of non compliance in relation to the legislation on the business and individual staff members.
  • Your ability to apply the knowledge of Responsible Service of Alcohol and harm minimization to beverage service situations.


What Jobs Can I get? Some common occupations for workers in the hospitality industry who may serve alcoholic beverages are:


  • Cellar Hand
  • Food and Beverage Attendant
  • Bar Attendant
  • Bottle Shop Attendant
  • Bar / Restaurant Host
  • Cocktail Bar Attendant
  • Sommelier (wine steward)
  • Room Service Staff
  • Glass Collectors


Do I need an RCG Responsible Conduct of Gambling Certificate?


The Responsible Gambling Services (RGS, formerly called RCG) training course is essential to work in bars, pubs, clubs and hotels with gambling or gaming facilities, i.e poker machines or TAW betting windows. You can often purchase RSA and RCG as a package to save money. Book Now.